Senior Software Engineer C/C++/Toolchain
Senior Software Engineer C C++ Toolchain
An experienced Senior Software Engineer with excellent skills in C C++ toolchain and compilers is needed to join a team of multi skilled engineers in a fast growing company in the professional gaming market based in Bristol. The successful Senior Software Engineer will be working with C++ compilers that have been created for game development.
This is an expanding and market leading company based in Bristol, specialising in providing tools for the professional gaming market worldwide. The Software Engineer is needed to help design, develop and test software tools and work alongside technical writers by providing input for documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer C C++ Toolchain:
- Developing in C C++
- Working in a fast paced industry
- Gain a deeper understanding of the product
- Develop and maintain toolchain component
- Reporting to the Product Manager
Skills Required for Software Engineer C C++ Toolchain:
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline
- Minimum 5years C++ C in commercial environment
- Passion, interest and commercial experience of compilers and development toolchain
- First class understanding of debugging and development in C C++
- Mentor Junior members of the team
- Experience in software engineering practice e.g. version control, unit testing etc.
- Commercial experience in software development life cycle from start to finish
- Scripting languages - Python
- Computer architectures at ISA level - use of caches
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- High quality experience using linkers, compilers etc.
- Flawless planning and project definition
- Knowledge of practices regarding agile software development
- Linux development environment
- Experience working in the game industry
Bristol; Gloucester; Swindon; Taunton
Salary and Benefits for Senior Software Engineer C C++ Toolchain:
Negotiable (depending on experience) and excellent benefits package
Stephanie Holder - Consultant at Reqiva Ltd - 0118 321 6583
In today's market it is vital that you choose a recruitment partner who truly understands your needs and is able to offer you the best candidates within the market place.
Reqiva offer our clients many years of IT Recruitment experience within sectors such as Software Engineering & Development, IT Infrastructure & Support, Digital Design & Architecture and Senior & Managerial appointments. Our solutions will enable you to look after your time whilst feeling safe in the knowledge that your recruitment campaign is on track! Visit Reqiva.com for more information.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol, Swindon, Taunton, Bath, Chippenham, Glastonbury
Salary : Negotiable
Date Advertised : 02 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.