Logistics Modelling CI Engineer
The principle role is to review, provide recommendations and implement changes to:
* The methods used to simulate the future repairs and new buy of spares required to support the aircraft in operation;
* The production of the quarterly Contract Profitability Review report, which is used to establish the forecast material spend for IOS contracts;
* The assumptions documentation used for the simulation;
* The datasets (technical and financial) that drive the simulation, including interacting with Product Service Engineering and Finance; and
* The technical data received from the MoD (implementation of changes may be constrained by the MoD).
The candidates are expected to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
* Detailed knowledge of logistics modeling;
* Experience in the field of logistics
* Experience of MoD and industry IT systems, including MJDI and Sap;
* Ability to acquire product knowledge quickly and an understanding of the technical complexity and associated drivers of the equipment;
* Application of theoretical and practical technical methodologies required to determine the range and quantity of items required to support and maintain an item in service;
* Problem solving;
* Ability to communicate to senior managers
* Team player;
* Self motivation to work to tight schedules;
* Software ability to use standard MS office programs including ACCESS, EXCEL, WORD, Power point and VB programming;
* Enjoyment of mathematics; and
* Aircraft experience is desired.
If you have any further questions about the role please contact Grace on 01935 703501Meridian Business Support are acting on behalf of our Clients as a Recruitment Business.
Job Type : Temporary/Seasonal
Location : Yeovil
Salary : £16 p hour
Date Advertised : 09 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.