Advisor (Skills) Work Programme
Our Skills Advisors are responsible for planning a programme of flexible and tailored support for our customers including appropriate and relevant skill development opportunities, pre and post placement. Working on our new Work Programme contract, you will guide and advise customers through their personal journey into sustained employment, acting as a single point of contact for the customer. You will actively seek work opportunities and support customers to access relevant job opportunities, including A4e vacancies, empowering, motivating and supporting customers to move into and most importantly sustain employment.
What You Will Be Doing
I mainly focus on customers referred to the Skills Development Programme where I work with them to plan individual, tailored support for each customer.
I'm also responsible for getting sales leads and finding suitable job opportunities for my customers through sales calls and visits with employers. It is so exciting meeting a customer for the first time, where I get to listen and find out what skills and development opportunities we could offer to help them move through their journey into sustainable employment. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than when one of my customers has progressed to being job ready and I can work with them to apply the skills they have developed to a real job opportunity.
I'm there for my customer supporting them at each stage of their journey into work - being there at the start and, because I know all about them, it's right that I'm the one to help them find and apply for that right job.
I understand what types of employers and jobs to target for this customer so we both succeed in getting an outcome!
What You Will Need To Have
-Ability to demonstrate A4e's DNA: Trusted, Passionate, Driven, Brave, Friendly and Caring.
- Impact & Influence: Excellent communication and influencing skills. Able to adapt to a diverse range of people, both on a one-to-one and in a group situation. The ability to use effective questioning techniques to clearly identify gaps in skills set.
- Customer Focus: Proven experience of successfully managing difficult and confidential situations and identifying gaps in skills and experience. Experience of action planning to ensure customers learn the skills required to move them forward. Experience gained from an Information, Advice and Guidance background and or qualification would be beneficial but not essential.
- Personal Organisation: Able to demonstrate an extremely well organised approach to work load, the ability to work under own initiative. The ability to assess and review customer action plans and ensure continuous progress. The ability to plan effectively and to pre-empt potential issues and counteract effectively. Experience of organising, co-ordinating and actively leading group sessions.
- Driving Performance: A passion to inspire, motivate and lead by example to support people in achieving their required outcome. Experience of coaching and removing barriers with the confidence to give honest feedback.
- Commercial & Financial Acumen: A desire to succeed and the drive to work and achieve set targets. Confident in all areas of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
Who We Are
A4e is a leading public service provider, serving thousands of people across three continents - Europe, Australasia and Asia. A4e's core mission is to improve people's lives. We work in partnership with governments, public sector organisations, private sector companies, voluntary and community groups to deliver a range of front line public services, including employment and welfare, training, education and money and legal advice.
A4e is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its staff and customers. We expect all our staff to be aware of their responsibilities to protect staff and customers from abuse or harm. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check or Disclosure Scotland check and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK. We are committed to equality and fairness across all employment opportunities and service delivery. At A4e 'Everyone Matters' and all managers and employees are expected to ensure our workplaces and services are accessible and inclusive.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Hackney - Hackney Road
Salary : £20528 - £27773
Date Advertised : 17 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.