Research & Development Manager
Research & Development Manager
Basic salary £60,000 to £75,000 + Annual bonus (over 15% of salary) + company car + healthcare + pension scheme
**Progression to the Board of Directors within 18 months**
To be commutable to the office you could live in one of the following locations -
Dorset, Poole, Salisbury, Yeovil, Christchurch, Eastleigh, Winchester, Dorchester, Southampton, Bournemouth
Full relocation package will be provided if required.
I have been exclusively retained by my client, who design, develop, and manufacture a range of bespoke engineering solutions for applications within fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, water treatment, heat transfer and many more. The development of new products and the evolution of existing products are cornerstones of the company's strength and success.
An incredible opportunity for a Research & Development Manager has arisen with this innovative company. A multi million pound privately owned company; they pride themselves on their highly skilled design and development team. They are looking to recruit an experienced Product Manager to lead their product development team, who has experience working across a wide spectrum of engineering disciplines coupled with an innovative flair for equipment development. This role offers progression to the Board of Directors, as the company's Technical Director retires in 2014.
This role is based from my client's office, with occasional international travel due to a heavy focus on export business. This occasionally requires the Research & Development Manager to visit customer sites to discuss product requirements. However, the majority of the time will be spent overseeing the design and development team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Research & Development Manager will be responsible for the Design & Development Department, participating in market assessments of new product development, design and testing. You will also be responsible for the following:
· To continuously review the existing product range from the point of view of the latest and relevant state-of-the-art developments in the industry.
· Work to pre-set budgets and within agreed time frames for product development.
· Demonstrate financial control of projects and management of day-to-day expenditure.
· Manage the personnel within the Design & Development Department, briefing them on specific project activities.
· Ensure the department fulfils its regular duties such as training company staff on new products, writing the technical sections of sales literature, and assisting in the preparation of inspection and test procedures.
The successful Research & Development Manager will have:
· An Honors degree/HNC/HND in chemical, mechanical or related engineering subject.
· At least three years industrial experience of successfully managing a design or development team, this can be in any technical engineering sector.
· Possess knowledge of a broad spectrum of industries.
· A good staff motivator, confident with a passion to succeed.
· A proven track record of successfully working in a similar role.
· A lateral thinker with a high degree of computer literacy.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity of Research & Development Manager send your CV in WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org, call Ashlea on 0161 727 0680 or click the apply button.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Dorset, Poole, Salisbury, Yeovil, Christchurch, Eastleigh, Winchester, Dorchester, Southampton, Bournemouth
Salary : £60,000 to £75,000
Date Advertised : 31 Dec 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.